Pesto with Greens
- 2 cups greens, washed (beet with stem removed, carrot, basil, spinach, etc.)
- 1/3 cup nuts (walnuts, pine nuts, etc.) or sunflower seeds
- 2 cloves garlic
- 120ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground black pepper (opt.)
- Blender or food processor
- Put greens, nuts, and garlic in a blender and pulse until finely chopped.
- Slowly add olive oil while continuing short pulses. We want the oil combined but we don't want a homogenous mixture.
- Add nutritional yeast, pepper and salt and pulse some more. Add to taste.
- Eat immediately or store in the fridge for short-term or the freeze for the long-term.
Last modified: 202209212027