Begleri is a small skill toy from Greece. It is fantastic because with materials you have lying around, or with about $5 and a trip to the hardware store, you can make one.
There is long game and short game. If you have a long game begleri, you can tie a figure eight knot between the ends and get pretty close to a short game length.
A popular and simple version is to use a hex nut. 550 Paracord is 4mm wide, so a #8 or #10 inner width is good.
Make your own
- Hex nuts and paracord, the simplest way
- Steel balls and paracord, using a monkey's fist knot (little kinder to your hand)
- Hex nuts and paracord using two types of paracord
- Hex nuts and paracord, using lots of paracord but pretty
- Hex nuts and paracord, but as a bracelet
- Complete Beginners Guide to Begleri
- Getting started with the movements, and part 2
- Screw size chart
Last modified: 202302270350